Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2016

December

Happy New Year to all of you who are sticking with me through my blogging semi-hiatus!  I hope you all had a great holiday season and a great start to the new year!
 
December was an extra busy month for us, since in addition to the holidays, we also gained possession to our new house!  So I just thought I'd give you all a rundown on some of the fun things we did to make the month special!
 
 Here we are in front of the new house, the evening we took possession.  The old owner actually took this photo, because they were finishing clearing out, late into the evening!
 
 The next day, the kids and I went over after school and got acquainted with one of our new neighbors!  We're right next to a large field where Friar (the horse) comes out to play.  We've already stocked up on carrots to feed him!
 
 And Noah got acquainted with our new basketball net!  This house has a detached four-car garage on the property (in addition to the two-car garage attached to the house).  Can I tell you what kind of Heaven my husband is in???  The room to the side of the garage will actually be my husband's office.  He works from home, so now he'll work from the garage!
 
 Since I didn't decorate our old house for Christmas, I took out the kid's Christmas toys and let them play with them over at the new house.
 
 We also set up the Christmas tree and let the kids decorate while their cousins came over to check out the house!
 
I didn't go all out with the tree, but just let the kids put their own ornaments on.
 
 It was nice to have some Christmas out at last!!
 
 Avery and I took a special trip to go see the Nutcracker!
 
We also went to see some fabulous lights in a nearby neighborhood- the whole neighborhood looks like this- it's magical!
 
Then came Christmas!  We're still living at our old house until it sells, but we packed up all the presents and took them to the new house to open our presents.  We set up the camping chairs and some rugs, and we were ready!
 
 The kids got very few toys this year.  There's really not much they want, and we wanted to keep it light for obvious reasons.  But they did get lots of things to use at the new house (the yard is HUGE compared to our current house), like baseball gloves...
 
 ...baseball bats...
 
 ...and pillows for their rooms!
 
 And Mommy got a couple nice things, too!  Like this new dollhouse!  I'll have to show you more in detail later, but it is A-DOR-ABLE!  Completely homemade and quirky and wonderful!
 
 And also this homemade doll stove!
 
I love that this new house has an open staircase where I can get birds-eye-view shots down into the family room! 
 
 But the kids' most exciting gifts were a new tire swing and a disc swing!  My husband and father put them up in the backyard on Christmas Eve, and they were a wonderful surprise for the kids!
 
 
 
 
 You can't see it in the photos, but the tire swing has their names printed on the top.  They each sit on their own name every time!   As you can see, they had a great time!!
 
 Noah and my father also tried out the new basketballs they got!
 
 Then, a few days later, the kids and I took a trip to a wonderful beach with their cousins.
 
 We call it the rock beach, for obvious reasons!
 
 They had a great time getting dirty...
 
...and climbing into the holes in the rocks...
 
 ...and playing in the freezing cold water!
 
 It's a gorgeous beach, so I took a few pretty photos.
 
 Isn't that beautiful?
 
So, that was December for us!  We are slowly moving things over to the new house-it's nice to have an overlap so that we can move at our own pace.  But we're crossing our fingers that the old house will sell soon!  We're working on painting our family room (the red walls in the Christmas photos), and then I can start beginning to think about decorating!  I'll keep you all updated!
 
Happy New Year!!!
 

5 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What an eventful December it was for you and your family, Corey! It's going to be a wonderful adventure for your children with all the space they've got to run and play- and a horse for a neighbor! I hope your house sells quickly so you can put all your energy into making your new house your own. Lovely pictures of you and your children.

We're in the process of building a dollhouse for our youngest granddaughter, and it's a bit more work than we thought it would be, but slowly we're getting it done.

Enjoy your gorgeous new home!

Patti said...

What a fun way to begin a new year! A new beginning in a new home. I do love that you have a big yard for your children. It does make a difference, I think. I look forward to seeing how you decorate and where you put all your dollhouses. So, I hope you post a lot - !!!! - maybe just a picture or two, so we can see what you are up to! How exciting! Blessings Corey!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your new home looks amazing! I'm envious of all your yard and the number of garage stalls. We currently have 4 cars at our house and a 2 stall car garage. It's musical cars every night. I can't wait to see more of your dollhouse and your new house. I hope your home sells quickly. Continued blessings in 2016!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Your new home is wonderful!! Exited to see your decorating! So happy your kids have a big yard now! What an exiting way to start the new year!

Two Moms and a Gma said...

So many things: the house looks HUGE. And gorgeous! Can't wait to see finished work. Looks how cute and happy you are with all your doll house stuff Santa brought. And yeah, schlepping the family to the new house in folding chairs is SO something I would have done too. Just too exciting.