Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Crafting


 With the move this year, we're trying to gift as inexpensively as possible.  So that means handmade!  Especially for teachers, since I think they tend to appreciate handmade gifts more than storebought anyway.
 
A couple months ago, I saw this decoration at HomeGoods, so I thought it would be the perfect project for the kids!
 
 We gathered a bunch of sticks, distressed some wood, and Ta-dah!  Really cute wall hangings for their teachers!
 
They're so cute, I wish we had made one for ourselves at the same time!
 
Then, for my sisters, I decided to make this reclaimed wood snowflakes.  These photos are from before I'd glued them together, but they turned out so nicely!

This time, I was smart, and did make one for myself at the same time!  Unfortunately, it will have to wait until next year to be hung though!
 
Hope you're all having a wonderful season!
 

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your handmade gifts are perfect. These wooden crafts would look lovely at our Aframe. I can't wait to see more of your new home and all your special touches!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your handmade gifts are lovely and so are your three children, Corey! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

*I Pinned a photo for future crafting with kids. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

ahhh these are so so cute! And my gosh I cannot even handle how big those kiddos are getting! Wow! Merry Merry Christmas to you guys! Love from the Jersey Shore!
xo Jenny