Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Newest Studio Remodel

 First, I'd like to thank you all for your sympathetic words regarding my failed estate sale purchases from my last post.  It's always nice to know that I'm not completely crazy, and that others feel the same way I do!  I'm over my disappointment now though, and considering what I'm showing you in this post, it's probably a good thing that my efforts were thwarted during my little estate sale venture!
 
Above are photos of the entrance to my studio from the years 2008, 2011, and from today.  Hmmm, do you notice anything happening in there over the years?  Other than the aqua paint color looking like it's changed three times (it hasn't), I think that there's been just a bit of hoarding collecting going on, don't you think?
 
Ever since I started seriously collecting dollhouses, space in my studio has been an issue, as I'm sure you can imagine.  I always seem to find room for one more, but it's been getting harder and harder!  So I finally convinced my wonderful husband to build me some extra shelves in the ol' studio.
 
 They run from the white cabinet to the opposite wall...
 
 ...then wrap around the corner to the other cabinets.  While I did lose a bit of wall space, I gained a ton of shelf space, which is what I needed!  As you can see, the perfect amount of space to display some more dollhouses!  And also more space for my other doll furniture and other collectibles.
 
 The shelves in the cabinets over here are all full,...
 
... as are the tops of the cabinets!  I am a master at stuffing it all in, I tell ya! 
 
So, now that you've seen the overall picture, I'll show you some little bits of eye candy from around the room, because of course, that's the whole reason I collect this stuff- it's so fun to look at!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, there you have it- the latest state of my studio.  I hope you enjoyed it!  I still think I could stuff one or two more dollhouses in there, don't you? 
 

15 comments:

Gail said...

Cutest-Room-Ever! Seriously I could move right in!

Diane Mars said...

Corey, sorry I didn't comment on the last post but I did visit and I felt your pain, but I also understand just how had it is to pass up on a great Dollhouse and in all honesty I find it hard. I need some shelves in my Studio I have a lot of Treasures that are tucked away right now but I would love to display them like you... Oh I am going to be looking at the pictures of your "Special" place over and over again, thank you for the delicious "eye candy" I hope you don't mind the company! Hugs, Diane

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Over the top cuteness!!! I have to go back and look at it all again, because I know I'll see things I missed the first time 'round. Thanks so much for taking the time to upload all those photos to share with us, Corey!!

How nice of your hubby to build you those shelves!

Vickie

Mary Steinbrink said...

I'm a reader that doesn't usually comment, but I just had to thank you for this post. I LOVE your studio. It's great inspiration for a newer collector like me. I just wish I had a room to use for a studio/space of my own. Maybe someday. Thanks again for sharing!

Lisa said...

Oh wow! I was enjoying looking at the eye candy and was suddenly so surprised to see your two wooden plaques - with the blue bear and with the blue lamb. I have a baby dresser my mom made for me when I was little - she stained it and then put on decals of ... the little blue bear and the blue lamb! It also has a pink lamb and pink rabbit decal too. So sweet!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'll be visiting this post over and over again. Every inch is filled with so many wonderful treasures. Your studio is just wonderful. Pure vintage magic. I'm jealous in a good way of all your amazing collections.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Wow Corey, what a collection! It's like a museum! Very nicely put together. I knew Kim from Musings would LOVE this post!!
Have a great weekend,
gina

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Wow so many cute things!! Loved taking the tour around the room! All of your doll houses are just sooo cute and adorable, I love how they are displayed! So fun too! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Holly

Rose Garden Romantic said...

So many fun, happy, adorable vintage goodies!! I love your studio! And you have a fabulous collection of vintage doll houses!
Michelle xo

elizabeth ann clawson said...

OH MY GOSH! I would love walking in that room every day! I noticed that a lot of the dolls have the same type of cute faces, like the baby in the center of all those wonderful doll houses and the blonde dolls on the shelf. What kind of dolls are those?

elizabeth ann clawson said...

Thanks Corey! Yes the storybook dolls are what I was talking about, they are so sweet! I spent a long time looking through them on eBay. I'm gonna have to get a few of those...a baby, a blonde girl, a redhead, a brunette, an African American.....sigh.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Corey your studio is one of my favorites. You have some darling things and I can bet you feel very happy when you spend time in there. Sorry you missed out on those dollhouses. I think we have all been there. I have a story or two (or more) like that and I know the feeling. Your heart just sinks. You just have to look away and realize that your next treasure is only around the corner waiting to be found. It just wasn't meant to be that treasure on that day. Yes I agree there is room for a couple more dollhouses. :)

xo Danielle

Unknown said...

Hi Corey, Love your new studio. I have to go back and look over and over, so much pretty eye-candy! YES, you have room for more dollhouses ! Thank you for sharing,
blessings,
Dorothy

Simply Shelley said...

I always love having a peek in your sweet studio. Such a bounty of treasures to see and enjoy. I only have the one dollhouse, but its been fun gathering things for it. I most likely won't be getting another one though as I'm still downsizing so many of my things, but I can always come back by to enjoy yours ;) Blessings friend

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Oh Corey! Everything looks fantastic! I enjoyed the tour a lot and loved all the details.
I saw a wonderful doll's tea set on a shelf and I would love a closer pic (a bit demanding? haha).
Besos and congratulations!!
Silvina