Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Little Ballerina Silhouette

 
Typically, I'm not allowed in to watch during Avery's ballet classes.  They are held inside a preschool classroom, so there is not a lot of room for parents to sit and watch. So, other than the first class, I haven't really seen what she does in there each week.
 
 
But before Christmas vacation, there was a "parents invite" class, and I got to go! I still cannot get over how cute it is to watch my little girl in dance class!  Watching my boys play soccer for the first few times was undoubtedly special, but I just don't think anything compares to a little girl in a tutu!

 
Anyway, I of course took tons more photos. Because of where I was sitting in the room, I ended up with a lot of profile shots. When I got home and began editing, I realized how perfect these side views were for a silhouette! I chose one in which she was standing in first position, or at least a three-year-old's version of first position!  I got to cutting, and here's what I came up with.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







I found a plaque at Michael's that was the perfect proportion for my image. I'm not sure how well you can tell, but the background is a dark green. I embellished it a little bit with a white charcoal pencil, and painted the ballerina image with a bright pink.
 

Avery loves her new "pink ballet picture", and was excited for me to hang it on her wall. As you can see, it fits nicely amongst her other decor!
 
 Please forgive me if the spacing is wonky on the post- Blogger is having photo uploading issues, which is making it hard to space properly. 

Also, how do you like my new blog header?  Pretty similar to my other one, but I thought I needed an update, because the old one had a photo from when Avery was still a baby!
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still a bit new to your blog but I'm loving it a lot! That silhouette is fabulous! My mother used to do tiny ones and even scenes when I was little, I rescued them from a yardsale she had put them out in years ago and have them to this day! I do like your new header - just the right balance!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Darling silhoutte. I wish Josie was a girly girl. Maybe I could do a hockey silhoutte? (tee hee). Love your new blog header. It's perfect.

Unknown said...

Little Avery is so pretty, love the silhouette you made of her! There's nothing as sweet as a little girl in a tutu.

vintage grey said...

So, so adorable!! Love the silhouette! Very sweet! xo Heather

Unknown said...

Corey, This is such a lovely idea. I must ask for my grand-daughter's silhouette in tutu to make one of these. Thank you for sharing! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful Hoilday season! Your Daughter makes a beautiful ballerina and I love the silhouette you made. Your banner is just perfect too!

Hugs!
Sandy