Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Project Life Overload!

Okay, I'll just preface this post by saying that if you don't like scrapbooky stuff, you should probably skip it, because what we've got here are a bunch of pics of my latest Project Life scrapbook pages!  I've been busy, still trying to catch myself up to date with Riley's book, and then starting on Noah's.  

I've decided to change my way of working on these pages a little bit.  Whereas I was trying to do "themed" spreads in Riley's book, it was becoming difficult finding enough pics to fill a page with one theme.  So from now on, I'm going to try to do one spread monthly, catching up on all the fun things that happened that month.  

So the following pages from Riley's book were still done thematically, and I began Noah's book doing the monthly thing, if that all makes sense!  (I will also add that these pages are durn hard to photograph, since they're covered with plastic, so bear with the sometimes-not-perfect photos!)

 This is a spread about two trips we took last summer, one to visit Grandma and Grandpa in North Carolina, and one to to Helen, Georgia.

 Here's the NC page...

 ... and here's the GA page.

 Then I did a spread about turning six last October.  This time, I added a small half-page in between to include the large portrait. 

 Here's a view with the half-page turned to the other side.

 I love the color-scheme that emerged with this spread- orange, teal, brown, and green.

Isn't that vintage ephemera on the top perfect?  How lucky that I found the phrase, "I am six years old today"!


And here's the first spread in Noah's new book, beginning in February. 

His last art journal ended with his birthday (in February), so that's where this one picks up.

 I wasn't so lucky with this vintage ephemera on the bottom- I added the name "Noah" over the top so it made sense!

I love the pointing finger washi tape I found!  It's by Cosmo Cricket.


And there you have it!  I'm still enjoying working in these.  Something about working with the divided sections is very soothing to me- I love trying to balance out all the sections so they work well together.  And getting to play with fun scrapbook elements like washi tape is fun, too!  But you know me, I've always got to get some vintage in there someplace, so that it still feels like "me"!

3 comments:

vintage grey said...

I love them Corey!! Love all the vintage ephemera!! Such the perfect touches!! I look forward to do this one day when I have sweet kiddos!! Have a beautiful day! xo Heather

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous details. What a sweet keepsake.

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh these are great...I love the idea of pockets and having the page already laid out. I need to get going on this. Smiles...Renee