Pages

Friday, December 09, 2011

Lil' Vintage Story Books #8


 Welcome again to Lil' Vintage Story Books, where we share our favorite vintage children's books!


 I actually don't have very many vintage Christmas books, but I wanted to keep with the season, so this week I chose "The Golden Christmas Tree", written by Jan Wahl and illustrated by Leonard Weisgard.

 It's actually pretty new by "vintage" standards, published in 1988, but I guess that was almost 25 years ago, so it's still quite old (I can't believe that! I graduated in 1990!).

 It's just the sweetest story about how the jungle animals celebrate Christmas.  It's got such a quiet, peaceful tone and beautiful illustrations.

 I just love the tiger stringing the berries- can you see him squinting one eye to see better?

 Of course the giraffe puts on the star!

 I really can imagine that this is the way jungle animals would celebrate- just very quietly and peacefully.

 No mention of presents or gifts, just the joy of being together and celebrating!



Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join in, grab a button to the right and link up below!








2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What gorgeous illustrations. The detail is just amazing. I'll be linking up next Friday.

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh how I love that the lion laid down with the lamb. What a wonderful place to visit. Smiles...Renee