Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

In Loving Memory...

Peg Dray
May 27, 1919 - October 11, 2007
.
I'm sorry for my absence here lately, but we've had a very sad week. My grandmother died a week ago (yes, this is a different grandmother than the one who passed away three months ago) from complications of congestive heart failure. She was a loving, loving woman who took care of a wonderful family. I have countless fond memories of times with her and my mother's side of the family. She and my grandfather raised eight wonderful children, who have in turn raised many equally wonderful grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
.
We took the trip to Davenport, Iowa for her funeral, and although it was a sad trip, it was such a nice way to remember her- seeing the house I have such fond memories in and the people connected to her as well. We will all miss her greatly, but know that she is looking down upon us and "hugging" us from Heaven.
.
I am now spending a few days at my mother's house, but will be home by next week. I'm greatly sorry for those of you awaiting signed copies of my book (and also a few collage packs that were ordered). Mailing those things out is first on my list when I get back though!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother. Of course everything else had to be set aside. Do take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

feeling your loss too deeply (but it's not all about me.) sending loving thoughts out to you and hope you have years ahead to cherish your memories.
love.

Anonymous said...

Peace to you and your family - Take time to take good care.

lindaharre said...

So sad to hear of your loss! As a grandmother, it is always special to me to hear of wonderful grandmas and the place they hold in their grandchildren's hearts! I only hope my grandchildren remember me in the same way. hugs, Linda

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother Corey. She sounds like she was a special lady. Some of my faborite memories are times with my grandma as I am sure yours are too.

I finished reading your book yesterday and the whole thing is marvelous. I am going to make a point to try some of your projects and techniques. Thank you so much for writing it!

Anke Martin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it's always hard to let a family member go. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved grandmother. May you find peace and comfort in your treasured memories and loving family.

Tara's Art Camp said...

so sorry for your loss, warm wishes your way.

Kelly Kilmer said...

Oh Corey, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that your journals help you to find a small bit of comfort-they have helped me to hold my memories near & dear after losing my Grandfather and other cherished family members over the years.
Please, no rush and no worries on the collage packs.
Hugs,
Kelly

A bird in the hand said...

I am so very sorry.

Cherish the memories.
xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Corey.

Oxx

Anonymous said...

I just purchased your book two nights ago. I was in a low mood and instead of buying another Christmas gift, I bought your book for myself. I lost my maternal grandfather on October 29, my uncle (paternal) on Nov. 14 and my paternal grandmother on Sept. 20. So this holiday season is not what I had expected. I'm new to collage and hope that sometime in the new year, I'll be able to create something for myself based on what I'm learning in your book that will memorialize them in a way that feels worthy of the feelings that I hold of them. My heart goes out to you and your family. Thank you for your book. I think it will be very helpful for me.