Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wow-ee!

Riley's at the age now (almost 2) where he is beginning to relish new experiences. Things that I wouldn't think twice about fascinate him, and it's so fun to be able to look at the world through those kind of eyes! For example, climbing on a tractor and playing in a cardboard box "house" both elicited great excitement recently.

Our favorite expression of his these days is "Wow-ee!", which we hear quite frequently during these new adventures. "Oh yeah!" is a close second, and just as endearing. It's a gift to be able to see this wonder, and to be the ones who show him these new experiences.

I'm very pleased with the way these pages came out. I followed the color cues from the photos, and I love the pallette as a result. It also helps that I had such a cute subject to inspire me!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

beautiful pages corey!
riley is a very handsome little guy and i adore his face peeking through the box window.
olivia has taught me so much. i have developed a sense of wonder and appreciation i never had before being a mother. there really isn't a day that goes by that i don't learn a little something new about myself and the world.
corey, i must tell you how much i cherish my visits here to your blog.
you are inspiring me to do a bit of art centered around olivia and family.
thank you!
hugs,

Lilli in Vancouver said...

These pages are Fabulous, Corey! The way I look at the world is with heightened color and texture and a bit of magic, which it seems to me is exactly how your art looks :)

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love these two pages and the flow and colors of them.

donna joy said...

what fun! my "little guy" just turned 22 mon...

Elaine Kerr said...

Love the 'kid scribbles'– perfect touch!

Judy said...

Wow Corey - great pages - love the one peeping through the window - you should be illusrating childrens book you know - everything is so animated and wondefully dynamic.

lindaharre said...

You are so good at getting the felling with your paint and brush!!!! Love both of these pieces.....the scribbling on the tops and the black heavy horizontal lines on the bottom one! WOW.......you speak with your talent.....don't even need words!!! GREAT WORK as usual:D hugs, Linda