Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day began having personal meaning two years ago, when I was pregnant for the first time. What a wonderful feeling to know that I would soon be a mother myself! But that paled in comparison to last year, when Riley was seven months old and brightening my life every day. And now, looking back at last year, I realize that even that pales in comparison to the way I feel this year, because I have yet another beautiful child to give meaning to my life. What an awesome gift we have as mothers, to be able to nurture our children and watch them develop into their own unique, amazing individuals...

Here is the spread I did in Riley's book last year for my first "official" Mother's Day- it's one of my absolute favorites. I'll try to do another one this year in Noah's book.

And here's what I made for mine and my husband's mother- frames that say "We love our Grandma!" Hey, Mother's Day is about being a Grandma, too!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! Even if you're not a mother, do something nice for yourself today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fanastic lay outs! I have been meaning to post previously but time seems to get away from me as always! The colors you are using are fantastic, I love how you seem to be getting even "rougher" with your work. I would love to see your kids' books in person and hold them in my hands!

Tricia said...

happy mother's day corey! the frames are wonderful, what lucky grandmothers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Happy belated day. I love your large piece. I know large is often a struggle for you but this came out wonderful!

katie said...

your work inspires me so...i've already preordered your book.
katie