Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ticklish Noah & a Big Boy Room for Riley

Here's a spread in Noah's Book about him recently beginning to laugh. What a fun sound to tickle your baby and be rewarded with a full laugh! I had a really difficult time with this page, but now that it's finished, I really love it! By the way, if you ever want to see larger photos of my artwork, I think they're bigger on my website.

And, as promised, here is Riley's new "Big Boy" room, close to complete. I'm not crazy about having all the furniture lined up along the walls like this, but while he's still so little, it's much safer for his bed to be against the wall, etc. I'm a little more fond of the pastel colors of Noah's room, but I figured that all of Riley's brightly colored toys would blend a little nicer with these colors. Anyway, here's the tour. As you walk in the door, this is the view:

And continuing to the right...:

And back around towards the door (note the bedspread which I spoke of in a recent post):

Here's a close-up of the chair's seat cushion which my mom and I made for the chair out of comfy chenille. The bear is one I made back when I was in high school!

On either side of the window are framed pages from a vintage cloth children's book:

A close-up of the shelves. The "thank you" is because these are some of his very first words- he says it every time we give him something- so polite!

Another wall's shelves:

And a third wall's shelf. Hanging from the shelf are a couple more vintage cloth books:

Sorry the photos are a bit dark. That room just doesn't get much light, and I couldn't seem to get decent photos! Unfortunately, Riley still isn't sleeping in here yet. We're having a bit of trouble transitioning him to the toddler bed. I hope he'll get used to it soon though, because we'd like to get Noah into the crib and out of the pack-n-play...
I'm working on a couple other cute projects right now. I'll post photos when I'm done!

1 comment:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

The room is darling. I love everything you have put together for him!