Pages

Friday, May 19, 2006

Step One Complete

Well, I've finished the frames for the Somerset article. I made more than I needed, so that I'd have a choice, and what the heck- as long as I was making them, I might as well make a bunch! Next step is to choose which ones to actually send. They asked for 3-5 frames. Hmmm, do you think I'd be way to presumptuous to send them all??? It's just so hard to decide! They're all my little babies! Well, realistically, I won't overwhelm them and send all of them, but I do think I'll probably bump the number up to 5-7! Anyway, that way they can decide which ones are best, and maybe if I'm lucky, they'll all make it in!

I also need to decide what to put in each frame. I'm actually not sure whether they'll put something else in the frames, but why not include some of my own things? You can be guaranteed that I'll try to sneak a few photos of Riley in there!

And speaking of each of these frames being my little babies, is it terribly wrong to be so enamored of one's own creation? I just cannot get over how much I love this one frame I made! There's just something about the combination of colors and patterns that I simply adore. I think this one's going to have to stay with me after it makes it back from the magazine. In fact, there are a few in this lot that are going to be difficult to give up! Which is bad, because the one good thing about these frames is that they aren't as personal as my other art, so they're easier for me to sell! I can't start becoming attached to them!

So as the title states, this was step one. Next big step is the article, which I haven't even begun! But it should go quickly, since it's really only a step-by-step article.

However, before any of that gets done, I've got to get moving-we've got a garage sale tomorrow, and I've got a ton to do to prepare for that!! Ah, life! Never enough time!

8 comments:

Kari said...

LOVE your fames. Wow....what lovely "babies" they are:) Can't wait to see the how to article in Somerset. Can you tell me, are they made with cigar boxes? Love your work!!

Anonymous said...

These pieces are all wonderful Corey. It must be hard to pick which ones to send!

Tara's Art Camp said...

These are so Somerset studio-ish! They will love them all!

lindaharre said...

Corey....If you decide to sell this one (A, B, C) I want first dibs. This would be perfect for my new twin grandsons. Also, are all of your 3D pieces taken? I have found several things I would love to have if they are still available. Great work!!!! ~L.

lindaharre said...

It's me again:) I tried to find your email address but failed, so I decided to write here........Would you be interested in a trade for one of your frames? Let me know if you are interested! Love your Stuff....Linda

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog (from a link on someone else's blog, but can't tell you who right now.)

Just wanted to comment that your work is EVER SO BEAUTIFUL. The frames are so awesome...can't wait to see them in the magazine!

Great stuff!

kathy welsh said...

I LOVE your frames! Your choice of colors, papers, etc. is so beautiful, so unique, so "you". I have a packet of wonderful vintage wallpapers that I got at Artfest vendor night this year from Pam Garrison that would be perfect for a project like this. Gift ideas are already forming in my head...hmmm. What did you use as the frame base, and I noticed the frames are completely covered by embellishment. Do you just remove the paper over the glass to put in photos?

Anonymous said...

These are SO nice! The color and pattern combinations are beautiful. Can't wait to see the article!