Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back to Work...

Well, I'm all of the sudden in the throes of making frames again! I've been asked to write an article for the holiday issue of Somerset Studio about my photoframes, due at the end of May. So I need to make several (holiday themed if possible) for that, as well as a few special order ones for Tracie Lyn and also my sister. And I've also been asked to do some "With One Stamp" projects for that issue of Somerset.

So in addition to making the frames, I also have to actually write the article...

And do the stamp projects...

And also the collaborative with Lauren and Pam...

Not to mention we have a community garage sale next weekend that I still need to majorly prepare for...

Oh, and I also have a six-month old to take care of!

So, needless to say, I'll be busy for the next couple weeks! But that's okay- I like having things that need to be done, so that I'm not sitting in front of the TV all day long. But my own art-making time does suffer. I know that once this is all done, I'll be real ready to get back to some "real" art.

I stopped by the fabric store on my way home from Riley's doctor's appointment today and got a couple more fabrics to make soft books from, when I'm done with all the above, of course. One has clowns and the other has cute, tiny bears. The third is one I bought a couple weeks ago, of little boys dressed in different costumes. This one's my favorite. They'll all make such cute little books! I'm sure I'll enjoy them much more than Riley will, but I'm okay with that!

Oops, just realized it's Thursday, and I didn't do a corner (I think I missed last week, too!). Oh well, no time...

3 comments:

Rosa said...

Wow, how exciting! I can't wait to see the issue. Isn't it hard making something for the holidays already! Love the cute fabs for the books. You should sell them. They're a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

congrats to all the work, hope you don't get to stressed. Looks like you've got lots of beautiful paper (for frames?) and fabric... mmm!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you and your precious little boy!!!