Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Studio Friday- Sparkles

This week's topic of Shine/Sparkles was very timely! Just yesterday, I created this. Don't ask me why, since I've still got a collaborative deadline to meet by the end of the month. But when inspiration strikes, I guess you've got to go with it!

My studio is in our guest bedroom, and there's an awkward wall over the side of the bed that I've never been happy with. I had this multiple frame "ladder"(which is meant to be stood on the floor) with no place to go, and a wall that needed something, and some brand new german glass glitter that was begging to be used, so here're the results! I'm not entirely pleased with my glittering job- I realize that I should have used colored paper or at least painted the paper before glittering, as some of the white is showing through, but oh well...

7 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

What a unique piece! :)

tiffini elektra x said...

This is gorgeous. I adore the change to green in the wood. And the ribbons and flowers. . .
P.S. I know what you mean sometimes when I have a deadline I find myself inspired everywhere but!!

etre-soi said...

this is amazing Corey :)

etre-soi said...

Hi Corey, the rubber stamps I used are several ones that I've bought separatly some time ago on the french ebay. They didn't came with a name on, sorry, but I've seen here in Paris at the ONLY scrapbook store here some others in the same style, I guess you can always find them in scrapbook stores or ebay :)

justjohanna said...

this is so pretty! has a wonderful vintage feel to it. love everything you chose to incorporate.

madretz said...

Love all the little details!

Abbie said...

What a fantastic piece! I love the worn look of it (antiqued and sparkly.. cann't beat that!) Great idea!

:) Abbie