Pages

Monday, March 06, 2006

Never Mind!!

So I started a "family blog" last week, thinking I'd keep art posts and "family" posts separate. But I've decided to forget about that. It's just too hard to figure out what should go where, since everything's so intertwined. So, never mind about that post-it'll all just go here-I'll try to keep the fawning over Riley to a minimum!!

Well, I decided to finally get a haircut! My hair was about mid-back length, not so much because I wanted long hair, but more just because I hate going and getting my hair cut. But lately, it's become such a pain. It takes forever to dry, it's falling out like crazy (post-pregnancy side effect), and Riley's started grabbing onto it. So, without thinking too much about it (because otherwise I might have second thoughts), I went to Hairmasters yesterday to get it cut. So far, I really like it! It will be so much easier to take care of, and it will curl a lot nicer now since the weight's not pulling it down. And, I'm telling you, I'm going to the cheap salons from now on! In the past, I've always gone to nicer salons and paid $50+ for a haircut, but this cut only cost me $16! And I really don't see much difference in the cut either! Below is a photo from last week of my longer hair.

I know I said I'd keep the fawning about Riley to a minimum, but I had to post these photos. Just look at those eyes in the first one! And the second one was from the same "photo shoot" as the one where I was trying to take a photo of my new haircut. It just cracks me up that I'm all sweet and motherly, and he's sticking his tongue out! He's obsessed with the tongue recently- constantly sticking it out and blowing spit- fun!

Finally, I'm working on a questionnaire for Rice Freeman-Zachary about creativity, so no time to do artwork until I get it finished. However, I never posted a photo of the trade I made for Delila. She's received it, so I can show it here now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo of you and Riley with his little tongue!!! What a sweetie. I for one am glad you will be posting family and art on one blog, I love being part of your family, even though we really don't even know each other. It makes your work more real!! Also the piece you did for a trade is wonderful, can't wait to get mine in the mail. Would you ever be interested in doing a trade with me??? Talk soon.

Anonymous said...

That tongue photo is so cute. I also like your haircut. It's funny, cause I am now trying grow my hair out to about the length your hair was! (Then, I'll get tired of it, of course, and cut it short, short again!) I'm glad you're sticking to one blog too--makes it easier and I like seeing a mixture of everything about your life together in one space.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Love your new haircut. I was wondering how long that would take, with Riley pulling it and all!

He's so cute.